We are open to serve you, answer questions or schedule an appointment during the following hours:
Monday & Thursday:
8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Orthodontics is an experience that is meant to enhance the quality of life. We take our work seriously, but we pride ourselves in doing it in a fun, caring and relaxing way. Hopefully you will sense the excitement and enthusiasm we have for all the benefits modern orthodontics has to offer… we'd love to share it with you!
- Our office is a free standing building with plenty of parking located in Carolina Professional Park just off 64 West and Blythe Street.
- Our office and diagnostic procedures are integrated by means of the most sophisticated orthodontic computer system available. From scheduling appointments to taking digital X-rays and photographs, we have streamlined the process to make it as “hassle-free” as possible.
- We were the first, and currently one of the few orthodontic practices, in Western North Carolina to be equipped with a state-of-the-art digital X-ray unit. Our digital unit offers new standards in both panoramic and cephalometric imaging, which are necessary in the planning of orthodontic treatment. These X-ray machines give high-quality images and emit 70 percent less radiation than conventional X-ray machines.
- Our reception area includes a children’s play area for youngsters that accompany their parents or older brothers and sisters to their appointments. For the comfort and convenience of parents, we provide internet access (including Wi-Fi), iPads and a unique coffee station and fresh baked cookies.
- A complete game room is provided for our patients with PlayStation 2 game system, touchscreen game system, and iPads. We also invite parents to come into the game room and try a hand at the games!
- We offer incentive programs for our patients to help encourage the fullest possible cooperation with the treatment plan. No matter how well conceived the plan of treatment, there is no substitute for enthusiastic patient participation. Dr. Edney also uses this reward system to recognize an outstanding report card and to encourage patients to participate in community service.
- Using the most up-to-date procedures available, we follow guidelines established by the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control to assure that all of our sterilization methods are current.
- Dr. Edney and his staff frequently attend continuing education courses during the year to ensure that we remain on the cutting edge of all orthodontic and office procedures.
- We offer a satellite office in Columbus for the convenience of patients in Polk and surrounding counties.
- We accept insurance on assignment as a courtesy to our patients, therefore making orthodontic treatment more affordable for the patients.